Re: Help installing base system (sid i386 binary disc 1)

Mike,

My advice is to not use the sid binary iso's at all.  Download the woody ones and upgrade to sid once the installation is complete -- if you're feeling dangerous.  If you're new to debian, stick with woody for a couple weeks until you get the hand of apt and package management.. not mention the general non-RedHat way that Debian does things.

And then you'll see the light in your intelligent decision to ditch the redUgly dist.  :)

cheers,
Matt