Re: xterm trouble

Another way to do it is fiddle with your overrides.  Add this to your X
resources:

XTerm*VT100.Translations: #override ~Shift ~Ctrl ~Meta <Key>Home: string("\033OH")\n\
                                    ~Shift ~Ctrl ~Meta <Key>End: string("\033OF")

If I remember correctly, didn't this used to be in xterm's app-defaults
file way back when?  I know there was a big hoo-rah at one point about it
earlier this year.