Re: Kernel Image without framebuffer

On Sun, Dec 16, 2001 at 08:44:26AM -0500, Olifuc@aol.com wrote:
| Yes, I did it excactly that way ... what happened is that the kernel stops
| with message VFS: cannot open root device 305 or 03:05 ... I don't get it ...
| it is excactly the same kernel with the same configuration file (except I
| enabled the framebuffer) .... I don't understand why

It is not the same configuration, or else it would work.  I recommend
getting 2.4.16 and building it.  Go through _all_ the config options
carefully and compare it to the existing config (you can do a diff on
the config files too).  It is probable that some hardware driver (eg
IDE controller) is not enabled.

-D

--

"He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."
        --Jim Elliot