Re: setting up printer (ps)

dman <dsh8290@rit.edu> writes:

> I use CUPS, and it is fairly easy to set up (if your printer is
> supported by the provided drivers).

I recently installed CUPS and set it up for a NEC printer.  A ppd file
was not supplied in the package (see /usr/share/cups/model directory),
but I was able to pull the ppd file from a Windows driver zip file
from the NEC website.  I dropped it in the above directory and it has
worked quite well since.  I am able to take advantage of the duplex,
different trays, n-up, etc. with lp on the command line.

Brian