Re: Working Rsync example to mirror intel,sparc

On Friday 14 December 2001 08:36, Matt Chapman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry for using the wrong mailer earlier....
>
> Does anyone have a working rsync.conf that mirrors only intel
> and sparc? If so can I get a copy?  I have tried several but I
> still manage to download a whole bunch of stuff that I don't
> want or need...  :)
>
> -matt

The best thing to do is run your script with the --dry-run
option and redirect the output to a file.

rsync -v -v -az --dry-run /source /destination/ > test.rsync

Then just look in the test.rsync file and start adding excludes
for the stuff you don't want.  Repeat till you get what your
looking for, then eliminate the --dry-run option.

You may also want to think about "seeding" the sync with a copy
of the distribution from a set of CD's.

HTH,
Jesse