Re: Getting email together with dman Newbie #61

Thus spake Ian Balchin:
> 4.  I am perhaps confusing a nameserver address with an ISP address.
>  I read it that the name server can be remote from the ISP (unless
> he runs one himself) to provide a numerical address for
> somebody@somedomain.somewhere so that the email can be then sent to
> that address.  If I am using my ISP as a smarthost I do not need
> this.  Still, I will call them today and check this out.
Correct
> 5.  I have looked carefully through Muttrc and can find no unneeded
> lines with reference to POP or my ISP except for the one commented
> out re latter when I gave it an unsuccessful try previously
It occurs to me - do you see this error when you try to fetch mail
from within mutt?   That may be the source of it - no  POP servers
listed in .muttrc, and so it can't get to them.  Fetchmail will handle
this end, one it's up and running.  Then you can just read your mail
locally.
HTH,
Steve
--