Re: gnumeric, rxvt hang because of fontpath

briand@zipcon.net wrote:

>   282 ?        S      0:00 /usr/X11R6/bin/xfstt --port 7100 --daemon --user nobody
>
> Does xfstt, see above count ?

It ought to.

Try this. As root, run "netstat -anp --tcp" and verify that something is
actually listening on port 7100, and that that something has the process
name "xfstt".

If that looks okay, then read up on xfstt and check its configuration.
I don't use it, so I can't help you with that.

Also, if you have any kind of firewall operating on your machine, verify
that connections to port 7100 are allowed. (I have an external firewall,
so I don't know much about how iptables or ipchains work. I assume it's
possible to prevent your own machine from connecting to itself. At this
point, by the way, I'm offering you wild guesses.)

Craig