How to capture start up messages?

I need to be able to capture the start up messages issued when my woody
system boots.

dmesg only gives me up to the point control is transfered from the kernel,
and I'm seeing erros after that, that flash by to quickly to read.

How can I do this?

--
Stan Brown     stanb@awod.com                                    843-745-3154
Charleston SC.