Installation help

I posted a request the other day for help on installation and still
haven't been able to figure it out still.  It fails to even try to read
the root disk.   The same disk set works on the laptop I have.  When
trying to install Solaris 8 it reboots on its own after causing a
fault.  RedHat 7.2 throws a fault and fails to load the installer as
well.  Win2K did get installed on it okay.  Here's my system setup:

Asus P4T-E (Socket 478)
P4 1.7 GHz
1GB RAM
Leadtek Winfast 500 TD
3COM 905c
Creative Live! 5.1
Belkin Firewire card

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  It's really disconcerning that
I can't get one Un*x installer to load when I've had success with
Debian, RH, and Solaris in the past.

Thanks,

Richard Frovarp