Re: HELPME

On Thursday 06 December 2001 11:10 am, esteban alcaraz wrote:
> hello mr.
> I have a ncr system 3350 486 dx2 66 mhz, computer with, a hard disk of 212
> megas, conner, cp 30200.
> when i start it shows the next message:
> NO SCSI DEVICE DETECTED SLOT 5.
> i have already checked two jumpers from hard disk and  i also checked the
> connectors for the  hard disk but i found nothing.
> i changed the hard disk for a quantum lps 105s and  it shows the same
> message before mentioned it.
>
> i want that the computer recognizes the hard disk, how can i do?
> thank you very much.
> any information will be a great help for me.
>
> atte:
>
> andres

Is this error message happening during the POST (Power On Self Test), or
during the Linux boot process?

It sounds like you've got a hardware problem (especially if the error is
during the POST).

Since you've tried two different SCSI drives, that pretty much rules out the
drive as being the problem.

Is the SCSI adapter built into the motherboard, or is it a plug-in card? If
it's a plugin card, reseat it, and/or look for jumpers on the card. If built
into the mobo, check for jumpers/switches on the mobo and/or for related CMOS
settings.

If it's a plugin, borrow another SCSI adapter from a friend and try it; I
suspect the adapter is having problems.

I know this isn't much help, but perhaps it'll click something in your mind
that you haven't thought to check or to tell us about.

Kent