Lyx - difficulties with doc setup

Greetings all,

I'm posting a request to this list in regards to Lyx. I won't post the
specific problem as yet (as this is a Lyx problem, not necessarily
dependent on Debian).

But, is there a Lyx guru out there that would have 5 minutes or so to guide
a newbie through the jungle.

I've RTFM, both Tutorial and User's Guide, and winding my way through
Advanced Options. The problem has to due with changing the ~default~
selections for font and line spacing (without having to go through Latex).

I come here, because I can't seem to get the ~central~ issue of my problems
accross to the lyx users groups.

Sincerely,

C. Masters