Re: Copying a harddisk to another using dd

If both hd's have the same geometry just use their device names as
arguments to the 'if' and 'of' arguments, for example

$ dd if=/dev/hdx of=/dev/hdy

If not, you can partition the second disk *exactly* the same way the
old one is partitioned to copy the partitions one after another, for
example

$ dd if=/dev/hdx1 of=/dev/hdy1

and so on for every partition number.

Gruss