Re: Kernel 2.4.16 & Framebuffer support

Did you forget to cc the list?

>My question is: when attempting to use the modular features of
>experimental, are they auto-loaded when said features are accessed, or
>must certain modules be pre-installed before these services are usable.
>If the modules must be user loaded, how do I know which ones they are,
>so that I can load them ?

Usually, kerneld is responsible for (un-)loading modules (if you
want to load specific modules at boot time you can place them in
/etc/modules) and it knows about most modules (if kerneld can't
find a specific module, place an alias for it in
/etc/modutils/aliases and run 'update-aliases').

Gruss
Steffan