Re: /etc/init.d/rc.2 command not found....

In article <[🔎] linux.os.m3y9kbtgia.fsf@chello.at>,
Josef Oswald  <oswald@chello.at> wrote:
>The first startup call
>+startup /etc/rc2.d/S10ipchains
>+ ´[` N '!=' N  ´]´

What is this --> ´ <-- character ? In iso-8859-1, which is the charset
you're using in this message it's a "z" with a "~" above it. That is
what I see.

>+ startup /etc/rc2d/S10ipchains
>+2 /etc/rcd.2/S10ipchains start
>
>and then all other startup-call have the same line:
>/etc/init.d/rc: 2 command not found

Anyway, I think I know what's happening. Something is setting the
"debug" environment variable to "2". Could you edit /etc/init.d/rc
and put 'debug=""' at the top? I think that might fix it. I'm not
sure what exactly sets the 'debug' environment variable though.

Oh, what's the output of cat /proc/cmdline ?

Mike.
--
  I used to drive a Heisenberg mobile but every time I looked at the
  speedometer - I got lost!