Re: Requesting a trackball recomendation

On Sun, 9 Dec 2001 15:41:14 EST
EmmetHayes@cs.com wrote:

> Can anyone recomment a three button trackball with a ps2 connector that
is
> supported by linus? (Preferably an optical trackball)

Hi Emmet.

I use the Logitech Trackman Marble FX. It is an optical trackerball and as
such it is very easy to keep clean. The large ball just pushes out and
accumulated fluff etc. can be blown away. The design is excellent and is
very comfortable to use once you get used to it - you do need to give it
time.

I would steer well clear of the Microsoft trackerball mice - IMHO they are
tacky and nowhere near as pleasant to use as the Logitech.

I have never successfully used the fourth button scrolling feature of the
Logitech - the fourth button can be set up as just another button in your
window manager setup, though I don't bother.

--
Phillip Deackes
Using Debian Linux

/"\