Re: Kernel lockups - how do I troubleshoot?

jorel@austin.rr.com wrote:

>I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone could either tell me how to or
>point me to any info which will atleast allow me to gather info on the
>crash, so that I can post it to linux-kernel.

if it's specifically a kernel crash (as in Oops) you can use'the
ksymoops utility for the kernel developers to help them track the
source of your problem.

I doubt if it's really the kernel at fault there, though...
have you tried checking the hardware? If everything still doesn't
work despite the long hours of troubleshooting, then you might
say that you've narrowed the problem to the kernel.

Paolo Falcone

www.edsamail.com