Re: Thoughts on RTFM

On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 06:52:57PM -0600, Dimitri Maziuk wrote:
| * Jeff.Chimene@etest.com (Jeff.Chimene@etest.com) spake thusly:
| > This is the sort of Pollyanna Principle thinking that will keep Linux on the
| > sidelines.
|
| Good. I sincerely hope it'll stay there -- the last thing I want
| in my mailbox is mail from lusers who need a dancing paper clip
| to tell them how to insert a CD in the drive.

apt-get install vigor

you'll get a good laugh

| Dima (non-technical user is the one who wrote only one device driver)

I like this quote (I've seen it before), but the rest of it should be
included :

"""
"...In the UNIX world, people tend to interpret `non-technical user' as
meaning someone who's only ever written one device driver."
    --Daniel Pead
"""

-D

--

"GUIs normally make it simple to accomplish simple actions and
impossible to accomplish complex actions."