Re: Two questions (Archive search + Dpkg frontend for X)

Vitor Silva Souza <vitor.souza@terra.com.br> writes:

> Hello everyone,
>
> 	Question one: when I'm using the archive search form on
> http://lists.debian.org/search.html, if I select all quarters on the
> Date Filter, does it search in all quarters or just the first quarter
> of the selection? I searched for "dpkg frontend for X" and it returned
> "No matches" when I marked all quarters.

It probably didn't show any matches because the string "dpkg frontend
for X" didn't appear in the archives.  Try separating the words with ;.

> 	Question two: I'm looking for a good graphical frontend for
> dpkg, sort of like a dselect for X. Any suggestions? I'm using potato
> and don't want to upgrade to unstable, so I need it to be on a potato
> deb package.

No.  The only frontends for dpkg that seem to be stable and reliable
enough for everyday use is dselect and apt.  Why would you want it to
be graphical anyway?

--
Brian Nelson <nelson@bignachos.com>
BigNachos@jabber.org