Re: Missing /dev/mouse

Nick wrote:

> I'm really new to Debian and so far I think it's great, excpet for one
> thing.... I had trouble getting X to work, but I grabbed the SVGA
> server and it worked, but then the mouse didn't work. After some
> investigation, I found that /dev/mouse was completely missing! I did a
> from-internet install of Debian rather than by CD. You think there are
> some problems with that? I apreciate any help!

I have done installs from the net (using only the minimal set of floppies
to get started) in the past, and never had a problem of this type.

/dev/mouse is usually a symlink to whatever device the mouse is really
on. You can either create it yourself, or change your X configuration to
point to the right device directly. What device that is depends on what
kind of mouse you have and where you've plugged it in.

Craig