Novell NDS certification for Internet access

Hello,

I have a Debian box that sits behind several firewalls and
other layers of protection, the same as all our workstations
here.

The firewall lets people trough at a certain port. I'm told,
by those more knowledgeable in these matters, that it lets
people trough only if thet are logged in and can be certified
as having Internet access against Novell's NDS
(yes, this is a Novell network).

Of course, no one can figure out how to let our Debian
machine trough without explicitly excempting it's IP
from the restrictions of the firewall. Needless to say,
that prefer not to do that.

My questions shows clearly that networks, and Novell
in particular, isn't my strong side, so please forgive my
ignorance if these sound stupid:

Is there something like a Novell Client available for Debian,
or Linux at all, except for the one from Caldera which you
have to pay for?

If not, is there some other way we could let the NDS know
who we are without actually logging on to a server?

- IT