Re: nis problem on woody

In article <[🔎] Pine.LNX.4.40.0111182024250.786-100000@Altair>,
Dariush Forouher  <dariush@forouher.de> wrote:
>i have a small problem with nis on woody:
>at shutdown the network-deconfiguration takes about three minutes.
>This occurs only if "nis" is somewhere in /etc/nsswitch.conf
>
>The nis-server (192.168.0.1) runs with potato.
>
>the following messages appears at shutdown with or without nis in use:
>eth0: unable to signal thread
>lockd: cannot monitor 192.168.0.1
>portmap: server localhost not responding, timed out
>eth0: too much work at interrupt, IntrStatus:0x0001.

The above messages would be generated if networking was shutdown
while there were still active NFS mounts.. are you doing NFS?

>I have this problem since i've upgraded to woody.
>Does anybody konw a solution?

Well only a lot of debugging will tell you where the problem is.

Mike.
--
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
 and I'm not sure about the former" -- Albert Einstein.