Re: Does Netscape cause lockups?

=?iso-8859-1?q?Steve=20Kieu?= said:

> Frankly, there are some features the I did not find in
> any browser *yet* except opera. Put aside its
> commercial crap, just look at its features, multi
> windows , easy search tool and its rendering speed,
> what do you think? well, I still use it mainly in my
> 128 Mb ram box, just switch to mozilla when I need to
> view some Unicode pages.. . I got another a rxvt
> running micq which I resize and set on top at the
> add-area (shh..dont tell opera people :-)) so I dont
> have to look at the add all the time which remind me
> its commercial...

i use opera on about 5 different machines

1.3Ghz Athlon 768MB ram
P3-733Mhz 512MB ram
P3-700Mhz 256MB ram (laptop)
Sun Ultra 1 167Mhz 512MB ram
P3-800Mhz 1024MB ram

it runs good. i like it. i paid for 2 copies. worth
it. there are some sites it doesnt work on, e.g. it
can't do HTTPS uploads and it can't keep session on
some web apps i use, so i switch to netscape 4.76
for that.

i think its a great browser. a big plus is its
statically linked with qt so i dont have to have all
kinds of support packages installed to go with it.
and the auto recovery feature is good, i can close
it and re open it (or if it crashes) it can re open
all the urls i was just at.

fast too ...!

just as good on an overpowered machine as an
underpowered one.

nate
(writing this mail using Squirrelmail! 1.0.2rc2 through
opera 5.0/linux)