unmet dependencies for gnucash

Hello.  I'm running Debian Unstable and I want to use gnucash, but it
depends on having libguppi, libgal, and libgtkhtml.  All four of these
packages depends on python-base (>= 1.5.2-2).

When I do an `apt-get -d -y upgrade` I get this:

[root@moonchild] ~ # apt-get -d -y upgrade
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these.
  gnucash: Depends: libgal15 (>= 0.15) but it is not installable
           Depends: libgtkhtml18 (>= 0.15.0-3) but it is not installable
           Depends: python1.5-base (>= 1.5.2-17.0.1)
  guppi: Depends: python-base (>= 1.5.2-2) but it is not installable
  libguppi11: Depends: python-base but it is not installable
E: Unmet dependencies. Try using -f.

If I use -f install, it will remove those packages from my system, and I
don't want that.  But I can't upgrade the existing packages either.  I
have python 2.1 installed, and it claims to be a replacement for
python-base, but it doesn't seem like the package management system is
noticing that.

Any suggestions?

Please CC me on any reply.  I am not subscribed to debian-user.

Thank you,
-Chris