RE: screen blows up!

|-----Original Message-----

Greetings,
	I had a similar problem.  I ran xvidtune to get it to look right.  Once I
had the settings properly record, then I modified my /etc/X11/XF86Config-4
to include and use a custom mode:

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier      "Compaq QVision 172"
        HorizSync       31.5-82
        VertRefresh     50-110
        Option          "DPMS"
        Mode "Good_1024x768"
                DotClock        94.50
                HTimings        1024 1072 1168 1376
                VTimings        768  769  772  860
                Flags           "+hsync" "+vsync"
        EndMode
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier      "Default Screen"
        Device          "Diamond SpeedStar A200"
        Monitor         "Compaq QVision 172"
        DefaultDepth    24
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth           24