Re: Hiding init 1 safely

In article <[🔎] 20011114041350.B20357@debian.org>,
Colin Watson  <cjwatson@debian.org> wrote:
>On Wed, Nov 14, 2001 at 09:29:00AM +0530, shyamk@eth.net wrote:
>> Dear members ,
>>   Is there any safe way , whereby , I can  hide   init 1 from  all
>> others who access my mac ?
>
>It sounds like you're trying to secure against physical access. This is
>fundamentally hard. I suggest a password on your BIOS (what's the Mac
>equivalent?) and/or bootloader.

Yes, if you have access to the kernel command line, it doesn't
matter if you prevent users from using Boot: linux 1

They might as well use "init=/bin/sh" which makes the kernel start
a shell instead of the init process. Without a password.

Mike.
--
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
 and I'm not sure about the former" -- Albert Einstein.