Re: What's with the bounces from sprintpcs.com?

On Tue, Nov 13, 2001 at 07:21:50AM -0600, Richard Cobbe wrote:
> Over the last few days, everything I've posted to the list has generated a
> bounce message indicating an error in delivering to the address
> <8313259666@messaging.sprintpcs.com>.  The messages do make it to the list,
> but I'm getting a little tired of the bounces.
>
> Is anyone else getting these?

Yeah, I contacted both listmaster@lists.d.o and the sprintpcs.com
postmaster a few days ago about it but haven't heard anything yet.

> If this is a bad address subscribed to the list, why aren't the bounces
> going to the list administrators, rather than to the original poster?  (I
> used to administer a LISTSERV list, and this was the behavior on that
> system.)

They normally do, but my guess is that sprintpcs.com don't know how to
run a mail server and are bouncing to the From: header rather than the
envelope sender.

Perhaps someone in the States could just phone that number and see
what's going on? I'm assuming the local-part of that e-mail address is
just the phone number.