Re: No xpr on debian...

Mike Fontenot said:

> The xwd man page (for dumping an image of an X window)
> gives a "see also" for xpr (for printing the resulting
> X window dump).
>
> But xpr doesn't exist on my 2.2r3 debian distribution.
>
> What's going on?  This is a fundamental capability...has
> xpr been replaced by something else to do this job?

doesn't look like its available on debian. as for fundamental
i can't imagine how it is. if it was it would be included.
i've been usin X and never heard of it in years. i work for
a company that does tons of X development(mostly X servers)
and ive never heard the program name mentioned(im not a developer
though) if you need it that bad i suggest grabbing the
source.. i checked a redhat machine(6.2) and it did not
have xpr either. so maybe its not part of xfree? i checked
a tru64, aix hpux and solaris systems and they had it. can't
imagine what i'd use it for judging by the look of the manpage
for it.

according to packages.debian.org its not in testing or unstable
either.

nate