modules.conf et al.

Hullo,

basically, all i want to do is have my box load the module for
the second NC and assign it /dev/eth1.

I've read the manpages for modules.conf, update-modules,
read the files themselves as well as anything present in
/etc/modutils.
I still have no clue what file I need to change or create.

Furthermore, the manpage for update-modules mentions a
/etc/chandev.conf file, which is not present on my system. Is
this something I have to worry about?

besides:
there's a device called "tap0" in my routing table, assigned the
default route. What's this?

"RTFM" will suffice, however, I need some hint about the "M".

cu,
Schnobs