Re: Cant login

Hi Steffen

, On 07-Nov-01, you wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 01:14, John Lord wrote:
>> I have installed KDM and cant login.

>> I now have the problem that I think I saw mentioned somewhere recently.
>> That is when I select a user in the login GUI and select the session, it
>> takes a server restart before the keyboard is recognised. Then when I have
>> entered my password I just end up back at the GUI again after an attempt at
>> opening desktop.

>> Just cant get the desktop to load, can you let me know what log(s) I should
>> check and what might be the problem?
> 1. Make sure that this problem is caused by xfree package 4.1.0-7 by
> updating to the most current ones.

I have 4.1.0-7 installed atm, and yes this does seem to be the problem. Hope
to be sorting it out soon.

> 2. Check the debain-kde mail archive. There have been some mails
> about this topic recently.

Yes thanks, I have read those, and will go over them again, to see what to do.

Regards
--
John

Some people hope to achieve immortality through their works or their
children.  I would prefer to achieve it by not dying.
-- Woody Allen
mail: chaos@lamiga.screaming.net http://www.lordofchaos.co.uk ICQ 110130385
Nick = Chaos A1200 BlizzardPPC 240mhz 060/50 BlizzardVision OS3.9