Re: Preparations for installing a Farm

On Thu, Nov 08, 2001 at 02:07:17PM -0000, martin f krafft wrote:

> get the same harddrive size for all, or at least make them all be big
> enough to hold the main system. then you can image one successful
> server, restore the images, and use the remaining space on each space
> for a separate partiton like /store.
>
> small differences in configuration should not be a problem...

I guess you're right, I hadn't really thought that way. I'll research a
little on that.

Guess it would be feasible to store a tar somewhere of an installed system,
and then have a boot disk which:

o Partitions the disk
o untars the image
o modifies any system specific bits (hostname, ip, etc)
o runs lilo to make the system bootable

Doesn't sound tough.

Paul

--