CUPS for an Epson LX-300+ and HP Deskjet 670C -economy mode

Hello!

I'm currently using lprng with magicfilter (and it works quite well)
in Potato. But it doesn't do well with my Epson LX-300+ printer (using
the epson9 filter - print quality just sucks). Would CUPS be a better
alternative? would CUPS be able to do well with that dot matrix printer?

Another query: I once tried CUPS with HP Deskjet 670c, but it doesn't
print economy mode. given the insane prices of HP ink cartridges here
in the philippines then i'll be interested to use both the dot matrix
printer and my Deskjet in economy mode. is there an economy-mode
printer filter out there for CUPS (as well as a CUPS filter for Epson
LX300+ - a 9pin printer) in Debian Potato? where can i download them
(or an upgraded CUPS)?

Paolo Alexis Falcone

www.edsamail.com