Re: Promise Ultra100 TX2

* Matthew Daubenspeck (matt@oddprocess.org) wrote:
> Has anyone tried using a Promise UltraTX2 ATA/100 controller under Debian?
>
> I can get them for dirt cheap, and they have performed wonderfully
> otherwise, but haven't tried it with Debian.
>
> Any comments/suggestions would be appreciated.
>

> --

 I'm getting one for a machine at work. I should be able to share the
results in a week or so. I tried the previous Ultra ATA/100 borrowed
from a friend and it worked flawlessly with support compiled into the
kernel 2.4.14. Email me if you'd be interested in seeing if TX2 works
just as well. I'm keeping my fingers crossed as there is virtually no
info on the TX2 on the net except for somebody posting on the
linux-kernel mailing list and a brief memo elsewhere saying that those
chips are very similar.

  Alex.

Oleksandr Moskalenko
malex@purdue.edu
pub  1024D/6C5F196B 2001-08-17 /* http://www.tagancha.org/pgp */
Oleksandr V. Moskalenko (Alex) <malex@tagancha.org>
Fingerprint = EE63 C471 ADBA 5D80 ADFB  1054 DA28 6F32 6C5F 196B