Re: XFree86-4: No screens found

Marcel Figuerola Estrada, 2001-Nov-08 01:48 +0100:
> I get a fatal error when trying to start x: no screens found. Another message says screen(s) found, but none have a usual configuration.
>
> It's very strange because I specified some screed should be good. I have a Geforce MX2 Card. I attach the /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 and the last few lines of the /var/log/XFree86.0.log
>
> I hope someone can help, as Ican't think of any good solutions
>
> Marcel

This can mean a number of things, from what I've seen.  I'm not
familiar with your card, but you could have too high a Depth
specified, or the wrong Driver specified, or a resolution that's
not supported.  These have all resulted in the same message for
me.

jc

--
Jeff Coppock		Systems Engineer