Re: ALSA: woody & alsa drivers?

* Karsten M. Self (kmself@ix.netcom.com) spake thusly:
> I'm trying to configure a Cirrus Logic 4614-series driver, understand
> that it wants ALSA, but the alsa-drivers packages are AWHOL.
>
>     $ lspci
>     00:06.0 Multimedia audio controller: Cirrus Logic CS 4614/22/24
>     [CrystalClear SoundFusion Audio Accelerator] (rev 01)
>
> Best I can figure, the alsa-modules components aren't in Woody at the
> moment.  I'm not quite clear on best means to configure them under
> Debian either.  Enlightment or references?

You're supposed to compile them yourself. Unfortunately, alsa packages
in woody are screwed, use the upstream sources.
Also, I had problems with latest alsa and 2.4.12 -- probably nothing
serious but I haven't time to investigate.

Dima
--
Surely there is a polite way to say FOAD.                        -- Shmuel Metz
"Go forth and multiply".                                         -- Paul Martin