kernel .config

Greetings everybody,
			is there a template or a default .config for
compiling a Debian kernel from source, keeping the binary's defaults. What I
mean to say is, when I run make xconfig/menuconfig, is there a template with
the Debian binary default options set? This will just make it easier for me
to compile a kernel, I can just remove un-wanted packages.
	I know when I hade Mandrake 7.2 installed, and I ran "make xconfig"
all the defaults were there, and RH7.1 had a directory with templates for
different architectures.

                                                         TIA, Martin :-)