Re: trying to boot an Imac into debian....no success

High,

On Tue, 6 Nov 2001, Walter Tautz wrote:

> Having difficulty getting it to work. I.e the yaboot step
> with ofboot does not succeed when the computer boots.
> Note the machines have MacOS9 on them. Perhaps it can
> be put into the bootloader. I must confess I know nothing
> little about Mac hardware. These Imacs are circa 1998.

You may have more response on the debian-ppc list, most geeks here only
use i386 compu's.

I have found some interesting information about booting on macs in the
yellowdog linux installation guide. You may want to have a look at that
(at www.yellowdoglinux.org or .com).

Greetz,
Sebastiaan