Re: Debian books

ramsubs wrote:

> The book's back cover indicates Reader Level is "Beginner to Advanced".

Unfortunately, Debian is not for beginners. Use Mandrake,
as long as you do not encounter problems! (See the Debian
FAQ for more detail). In my place, there are *many* "Debian
Server" maintainers who are using Mandrake (besides MickeySoft
of cause).

> IMHO, Steve Hunger must remember that his books are sold worldwide,
> know that complete CDROM sets are very meaningful to people here
> in Asia where in many countries it's out of the question to download
> the entire Debian distribution through a modem, ...

Who cares Asia anyway? Asians should! Thus, I set up
front-end mirrors like http://sapi.vlsm.org and
http://www.id.debian.org

I am aware, links are slow and often broken. Therefore,
just add sufficient back-end mirrors in every city:
     http://kambing.vlsm.org
     http://kebo.vlsm.org
     http://gajah.vlsm.org

regards,