X: Too small fonts

scheme <scheme@cmmail.com> wrote:

|> After dist-upgrading after Oct. 8, I have a problem with dipslaying
|> in X except with GNOME applications. I'm using unstable.
|>
|> The problem is fonts in X is too small, especially the Chinese
|> characters in chinput. That's not the case before Oct. 1.

I had a different, but possibly related, difficulty after a recent
upgrade. In my case I believe it happened because the upgrade
over-wrote XF86Config-4 and changed the order in which the various
fontpaths were listed. When I adjusted that, things returned to
normal. The order in which the different font-containing directories
are listed is crucial.

Jim