Re: dual NICs, same brand or not?

[Sun, Oct 14, 2001 at 07:44:52PM -0700] Ron Farrer :

> best to use two NICs of  the same type/brand or to use different ones?
> Is there any gotchas for doing one over the other?

None at all, AFAIK.  I am using  an Intel Ether Pro+ and an RTL 8029A on
the router.  The LAN consists  of machines having Via-Rhine, Davicom and
WDC chipset cards.

Maybe at higher speeds this would make a difference, when the cards have
to be made to talk in full-duplex modes ?

--
GPG: 1024D/F1624A6E              ragOO, VU2RGU
Helping to keep the  Air-Waves FREE         Amateur Radio