Re: No luck with getting xdm to work

--- Sean 'Shaleh' Perry <shalehperry@home.com> wrote:

> > My last guess, are these the apropriate
> permissions for tmp?
> >
> > drwsrwsrwt
> >
> >       Maybe the necessary tmp file cannot be
> created due to these permissions.
> > Any more ideas?
> >

> No, that is not the correct permission for /tmp.  It
> should be 1777 i.e.
> drwxrwxrwt.
    When you replied, I got this message when trying
to retrieve your message from yahoo's POP3 server in
/var/log/mail.log.

Oct 14 08:45:38 solo sendmail[1362]: IAA01362:
ruleset=check_mail, arg1=<shaleh@one.local>,
relay=ipt@localhost [127.0.0.1], reject=451
<shaleh@one.local>... Sender domain must resolve

Not sure if this is how your mail goes out or how mine
comes in.

At any rate, I changed my /tmp permissions to 1777 and
still no luck with xdm. I enter root and the password
and the screen goes blank and returns with the login
screen. My own user ID gets the same response when
attempting to login. Any other suggestions?

Thanks for the help this far

Ian