Re: bad performance on playing video

On Sun, 2001-10-14 at 15:47, Keith Willoughby wrote:
> <ad@mydomain.com> writes:
>
> > I use Xine to play VCD, DVD and other video files, the audio performance
> > is good, but the performance is awful, lots of lag. My CPU is PIII 1G,
> > 764Mb ram, and AGP card with 4Mb ram. So I don't think my hardware is not
> > powerful enough to play video.
> > I set up MTRR support. What else should I do to increase the video
> > performance?
>
> It's pretty much entirely down to how much can be done in
> hardware. What version of X are you running? Does it support hardware
> acceleration for your video card?

My X version is 4.1.0, the following is a part from the consle message
showed when I enter X. According to the message below, I guess it
supports hardware acceleration, but I'm not sure if it really does.

(==) S3VIRGE(0): Write-combining range (0xd4000000,0x400000)
(**) S3VIRGE(0): Using FB
(II) S3VIRGE(0): Using XFree86 Acceleration Architecture (XAA)
	Screen to screen bit blits
	Solid filled rectangles
	8x8 mono pattern filled rectangles
	Solid Horizontal and Vertical Lines