Re: Software DVD players

> Excuse my ignorance, but what's the attraction of watching DVD movies on a
> computer? It seems I'm better off in my comfy recliner chair or on the
> couch watching my 29 inch Panasonic GAOO then sitting at my desk in the
> den.

As I asked the original question I should reply here too...

I actually do have a DVD player (a nice Sony) and a 21" television.
However, what if my girlfriend is watching a program she wants to watch
(e.g. EastEnders <shudder>) - I normally just read my email or something.
But now I'll be able to watch those DVDs which I've not got around to
watching as she is not interested - e.g. 2001 ("boring") and Reservoir Dogs
("gory").

Well, thats my excuse for having 2 DVD players in one house...

Ross