Re: Star Office 6

On Sat, 13 Oct 2001 07:12:06 -0700
sheine <sidneybrooks@mail.vtc.net> wrote:

> I changed the permissions and got new troubles. The soa and sop files
> started, but told me that I did not have enough disk memory, when I am
> reasonably sure that I do. The first so file told me that I needed the
> directory on the last so file. When I tried it, I was told that a bin
> file couldn't be executed.
> Has anyone made this thing work?

Yes. It is wonderful too. I ran the xxxxx.bin file (as root) like this:

xxxxx.bin -net

I installed it into /opt/staroffice6.0

Once installed, I ran to /opt/staroffice6.0/setup which installed a few
files into my home directory. I prefer to install this way, I don't like
executable apps in home.

Runs very smoothly.

I am head of the ICT department in a UK high school and have installed the
Windows version of Star Office at school. It works so well I am seriously
considering ditching MS Office.

--
Phillip Deackes
Using Debian Linux