Advice on creating a workstation

Hello All

I do voluntary work in a place where members of
the public come to use computers, drink tea and
coffee, read newspapers ...

Usually we use windows but I have decided to
experiment with linux workstation (dual booting
with win2000).

I really want to restrict users to browsing the www,
using some office apps, accessing some other systems
using some SSH type app, printing ...

Does anyone have any words of advica to give before
I embark on my journey (links to sources of info
welcome).

At the moment I am deciding how to partition the
hard disk - I have reserved 4GB for linux.

TIA

T:Irvine
--

Only in the dictionary does success