Strange passwd problem

I have a network with my own Debian machine as the server, a Windows 98 machine (my kids') and a Mac laptop which I use at home and at work.  I recently added woody sources to my /etc/apt/sources.list, and ran upgrade (not dist-upgrade).  Since that time, while I have been able to access my employer's server through my home network, I cannot access my own network.  The Mac recognizes the server, but tells me the password is incorrect.  The only change I have made is to run the upgrade (no changes to the Mac).

Has anyone seen anything like this?  Does anyone have an idea about how to handle it?

Thanks for any help

Cam

--
Cam Ellison Ph.D. R.Psych.