Re: easy libc6 2.2.4-2 fix

On Sat, Sep 29, 2001 at 09:29:03AM -0500, Hall Stevenson wrote:

> Running 'echo libc6 hold | dpkg --set-selections', as suggested by
> Colin, wouldn't be necessary then, right ??

Right, I assume (but I haven't been following the thread). But putting
a package on hold is a much better way of preventing unwanted upgrades.

> That leads me to my second question regarding the 'echo' command. How do
> you undo it ??

You mean regarding the 'dpkg' command, right? :)

 $ echo libc6 install | dpkg --set-selections

removes the hold flag of the libc6 package.

--
BALI, Andra's                                  GPG keyID: 78560E1C
drewie@bigfoot.com     bali@debian.org     andras.bali@stud.bke.hu