Re: Xawtv - again (was: Xawtv and Xfree86 4.0)

On Fri, Sep 28, 2001 at 08:54:49PM +0100, Pedro Ant?nio Neves wrote:
> On Friday 28 September 2001 16:39, Matthias Richter wrote:
>

> > (How) did you configure your soundcard? I can't see any sound modules
> > in your output of lsmod. tvmixer is used by the soundcore-module here:
>
> It was built in the kernel ...

when you run aumix, select Line1 (or equivilant) and make sure there's an
'R' beside it, ofcourse to record from that. Along with that, most
soundcards have an internal auxilary input, perhaps if your tvcard
supports it (like mine, ati tv wonder) you can get a cable to connect
directly from the tv card to the sound card internally.

If you still cant hear anything with the 'R' beside line1, try picking
up some sort of sound recording prog from debian and to see if you can
maybe recoard from the port, then play it back (i assume playing
other things works:)

finally, make sure you're not running anything like esd or alsa while
trying to play. I don't believe xawtv is smart enough to pipe through
an esd port.

--
Adam McDaniel
Infrastructure Technology Consultant