RE: an urgent harware question

> my local workshop is trying to install a network card of the type:
>
> 3com 3C905C-TXM
>
> Into my computer running
>
> Debian GNU/linux stable version. The kernel is 2.2.17.
>
> They are complaining about the drivers.
> Where can find the right kind of drivers, if they are at all
> available?

I think you'll find http://www.3com.com is a good place to start.  More
specifically, having just had a root around ...
<http://www.3com.com/products/en_US/prodlist.jsp?tab=cat&pathtype=download&c
at=20&selcat=Network+Interface+Cards+%26+Adapters&family=624> has a link to
the downloads for this device.  Specifically, the linux drivers are located
at <http://support.3com.com/infodeli/tools/nic/linux.htm> and
<http://support.3com.com/infodeli/tools/nic/linuxdownloads.htm> although
they don't provide specifics for Debian.

Andy