Re: euro symbol and debian sid

On Thursday, 20. September 2001 00:27, tim wrote:

> I cant figure out how to get full euro support in X and console. I am
> already using -15 fonts and locale.gen is set to "de_DE@euro ISO-8859-15".

After generating the locales I changed my config to...

/etc/environment:
LANG=de_DE@euro
LC_ALL=de_DE@euro

/etc/console/config:
SCREEN_FONT=lat0-16

This gave me a working euro sign on console. Another story is X. I use KDE,
so I installed ISO-8859-15 fonts and told KDE to use them. Now KDE apps can
display the euro sign. But I can't type one. Exception are non KDE apps like
xterm. If I tell KDE to apply the appearance settings to non KDE apps,
everything works as it should in my xterm. Conclusion: I can't really help
you with X, KDE and the euro sign.

Thomas