Re: Centralizing apt-get downloads

On Wed, Sep 19, 2001 at 08:51:26PM +0800, Lindsay Allen wrote:
> Do you know how to to build the Release files?  I cannot do a fresh
> install from my partial mirror because debootstrap barfs on
> dist/sid/main/Release.

Weird...  I don't use a Release file at all and apt just skips it:

Get:1 http://bradley westling/main Packages [113kB]
Ign http://bradley westling/main Release
Fetched 113kB in 0s (515kB/s)

I build Packages with dpkg-scanpackages and I downloaded the official
overrride file (but it needs to be updated manually when you add a
package that's not listed).

What version of apt are you using?

Waitaminnit...  Just noticed you're having this problem on fresh
installs.  The way I handle that (and I've never tried it any other
way) is to run through the standard install up until it runs dselect,
then just quit without installing anything (which gives me a running,
but thoroughly stripped-down system), edit sources.list, and then use
apt normally from there.

--
With the arrest of Dimitry Sklyarov it has become apparent that it is not
safe for non US software engineers to visit the United States. - Alan Cox